Monday, April 9, 2012

Day Nine: Surprises!

Yesterday we got some weather, as in a whole bunch of menacing-looking clouds that rumbled a lot but didn’t really produce a storm. But I went out with my camera anyways and took photos, not really expecting anything but cloud shots. Today, however, when I was reviewing the fruits of my frenetic photo-taking, I realized that I actually caught some lighting in one of my photos!! I didn’t even see the lightning when I was out there, so it was a complete surprise and I was so very excited about it. Here is the photo for you to see, along with another photo of cool-looking clouds:
So, back to today. This morning started early with water duty, which means cleaning out and refilling the cheetahs' water buckets. We then worked on phase two, where I did fierce battle with many a tree and bush. I felled many foes, and came away with only a few minor flesh wounds. We worked pretty much all morning, which was nice after such a slow day yesterday. After ravenously nomming our lunch, we had about an hour to relax and then it was cheetah time! Today I got to sit with Nala, who is not always sociable but today was very very friendly. My left arm was very completely exfoliated in the cheetah-tongue manner. I am growing very fond of Nala, as she has not yet rebuked any of my petting sessions.
I am petting Nala, Nakita is standing, and Jemima is laying behind me.
After time with Nala, we went to the cubs. The cubs got a new rope toy today, and they were not sure what to think of it. They wanted to play with it, but they also were slightly terrified of it. We all found it quite amusing. Here is a video:
Also, the cubs were so active today! I mean, they were literally bouncing off the walls. Tippy would race around me go after her tiger stuffed animal, while Jade was going nuts over the soccerball. Everyone said that they have never seen the cubs be so active. Dane's theory is that they were getting high off of my banana sunscreen. I don't know what it was, but it certainly made for a very fun afternoon.
Dinner is ready, so I have to go!
Over and out,
Taylor

2 comments:

  1. 1. I LOVE LIGHTNING
    2. It is incredible to see so many photos of you up close with the cheetahs! And cuddling with them sometimes! It sounds like you're enjoying every second of it <3

    Malia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, good lightning photo! Lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete