Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day Eighteen: Picture Book!

This morning, at 2 A.M., I heard the pitter patter of kitty paws...just kidding. But I do have a riddle for you: If there are two cats that take up 1/2 of a twin size bed each, and they are sleeping on Taylor's bed, where does Taylor sleep? The answer? I don't know either. I am flattered to be loved so much by the kitties, but I would appreciate a little bit of room...
As I mentioned yesterday, today was my day off. Leante took me to Chazen Game Reserve, and it was amazing. We rode around in a big open jeep for nearly three hours. I don't think words are really going to cut it in this case, so I'm going to supply lots of photos instead.
The reserve is located in the Vredefort Dome.
Young Lion
Black Wildebeest
Cuddly Lions

Posing Lions!
Eland
Running Kudu!
Big Kudu with amazing spiral horns!
Giraffe
Meerkats!
Needless to say, I was very well occupied this morning! I was very lucky that Leante has connections there, because we were able to join a group of other American tourists on this game drive. They were all very nice and it was just an amazing experience. I don't think I stopped smiling or taking photos.
After the game drive, Leante and I stopped in Parys to pick up important supplies, namely chocolate and gum. Then we returned back and I went down to the river to see if there was anything interesting down there. Not much was going on today, but it was still nice because there was a wonderful breeze off the river that kept the day from being way too hot.
Because it was my day off, I was allowed to take photos at feeding time instead of helping. Here is what the cheetahs look like when they are hungry:
This is Penny. She is affectionately called the Wicked Witch of the West.
Finley says NOM NOM NOM
Cole says NOM NOM OM NOM
So that was my day. It was good, like all of the days have been.
Over and out!
Taylor

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are amazing!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your first lion picture. They are all incredible, but that one especially :) And may I say that your humor in these blog posts is cracking me up way over here in Ohio :)

    ReplyDelete