Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 29: All the Best

This morning, Tippy hurt herself. We're not really sure how, all we know is that she could move only one out of her four legs. It seems to be an injury to her back. Pieter has sedated her and taken her into the vet. Hopefully she will be able to make a full recovery. Tippy and Jade have already lost a brother, so they don't need any more stress and hardship. It's not exactly the best way to start your last day, but I'm really counting on some good news later on this afternoon. If you pray, please keep Tippy in your prayers. If you don't, please just send good karma her way. She could use a little bit of good juju right about now.
Not much else is really going on...Dane and I went for a final bushwalk after we fed the cheetahs their bones. It was really hot today, so the animals were smarter than us and staying out of the sun. We only saw some giraffe and eland, but I really appreciated the chance to stretch my legs before I have to sit on a plane for 16 hours. Now I am just finishing up packing and writing this final Dell blog entry. I'll be leaving in about 3.5 hours for the airport, and be back in the states by 11:15 A.M. Cincinnati time. I am excited and sad at the same time. I don't really want to leave the people and the cheetahs here, but I also really want to see my family and friends back home. It has been a wonderful experience and the time has gone by way too quickly. Thank you to everyone who has followed me while I've been adventuring here - reading your comments always is a bright spot in my day!

See you all real soon!
Taylor

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you're already heading home!!! Have a safe flight!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete