Sunday, March 9, 2014

Storm the Castle!

As promised, I went to Warwick Castle today and took a great many photos. Warwick was about a 1.5 hour drive from where we are staying in Derby. After spending this 1.5 hours on the wrong side of the road, we arrived in one piece only to find that the parking lot was full. It was a beautiful 60ยบ F day, so the place was quite popular. But the grounds were so huge that it didn't really seem crowded at all. We spent most of the day wandering about the castle and the grounds. The only show we saw was one about birds of prey, which was pretty cool.
I could spend a whole bunch of time typing up a blow-by-blow of the castle, but that'd be much less interesting than me just posting the photos, so I'll do that instead.
I'm a thief with an unusually large head that wouldn't fit properly






Sheep from across the way! Couldn't resist...

Bald Eagle from the bird show. The bald eagle actually came form Canada two or so decades ago. It was rescued from a forest fire by a Canadian park ranger.

Funny story about the bald eagle: they thought that she was a he until she laid an egg about 4 years ago

This is an eagle of some sort, from Egypt. I forget what its proper name is, but I think I'd call it the Toucan Eagle because of that huge beak.

No comments:

Post a Comment